Nut Rescue Kit, Lubricated Nut Repair Powder (Black, Cream, Bright)
"A simple nut repair solution that will blend right in and leave you with a stable and lubricated nut slot." - Joe Glaser (Owner, Glaser Instruments)
Nut Rescue is a unique blend of materials made to perfectly fill and lubricate a slot and look great. Developed for over 25 years in a pro repair shop, this excellent resource is now a product (per frequent request).
Originality and efficiency are important to us all and sometimes it makes good sense to fill and recut an instrument nut - rather than replacing it. For this, Nut Rescue can be used and handled in the same way you use baking soda and/or bone dust to fill nuts but with the added benefit of great color match, durability, sound, and lubrication.
Why it matters:
When a guitar string is bent, string is borrowed from behind the nut and friction is a problem. Nut Rescue's low friction is critical for tuning and its long wearability allows many original nuts to be saved and give years of use. This spares a neck the wear and tear of replacement, saves time, and is a valuable repair.
Nut Rescue comes in a set of three shades to match most nuts:
- Black (Graphite, Ebony, Buffalo)
- Cream (Aged or Natural Bone, Ivory, Tusq)
- Bright (Modern Bleached Bone and Corian)
1) Clean the slot with a file
2) Score the slot with a razor
3) Use the included applicator to fill the slot with Nut Rescue (tamp it down gently)
4) Touch the slot with a bead of thin superglue (let the glue cure)
5) File to preferred height
You can also buy our product with StewMac.